1. Talk to a trusted friend who will speak truth to you.
- Most likely a lot of what you are thinking and feeling is over exaggerated in your own mind. Feelings lie to us, and insecurity is one of the most paralyzing feelings we experience.
- Some of the crazy thoughts we have about ourselves or our situation are downright embarrassing. Be willing to share these things with a few trusted friends who will be able to talk you through your (most like irrational) fears are untrue.
2. Reflect on the root of your insecurity.
- While most of what you are worrying about or feeling insecure about is unfounded, there likely exists something you may have done or said that is worth reflecting on.
- Address whatever mistakes you may have made but then immediately move on and do not let yourself dwell in the land of insecurity any longer.