Who do you look up to? Who do you wish you could me more like?
When you feel down about yourself, who do you compare yourself to in a positive way?
Who or what type of person comes to mind when…
- “I wish I could be more like ____ in this situation.”
- “I bet _____ wouldn’t struggle with this.”
- “Why am I so weak? Why can’t I pull myself out of this slump faster?”
I want to challenge you to be your OWN hero and instead.
When feeling insecure ask yourself:
- How would a confident person act in this situation?
When feeling scared or fearful:
- How would a courageous person still follow through with this task?
When feeling down:
- How would an optimistic person view this challenge?
Step # 2
Now shift your focus to how a confident, courageous, optimistic YOU would act, think and behave.
Step # 3
Instead of comparing yourself to those you admire become the you you admire. It’s like role playing. It’s like faking it till you make it. But it works.
- If I was feeling confident right now, how would I behave? Then follow suit.
- If I was feeling proactive and productive right now, what actions would I take? Then do them.
- If I was feeling kind and generous and loving how would I treat this person? Then treat them exactly in that way.
The feelings will follow I promise you.
Behave as your best self and you will become your best self and become your own hero in the process.
Find me on YouTube, Twitter @inspirationalRN and Facebook ‘Jeanette Zoltowski’